Sunday, February 15, 2009

"People need to watch what to have".

With the "Angel Flight", the height of the carnival in Venice began. In the costume competition occupied the German Tanja Schulz-Hess twice the first place. In blogs ONLINE interview, she reported on harassment of the jury - and told how they Berlusconi missed a long nose.

 

blogs ONLINE: There are countless costumes for the Carnival of Venice, you have already kreiiert. Is this Putzsucht?


Schulz-Hess: I can not deny that since the small Rampensau to their law. First and foremost I have fun doing. I like to see it as an idea to a finished garment, and developed its own personality. Of course I enjoy it even if I use the costume from Venice go, see how awesome the people are amazed, and then "Complimenti" and even say thanks.

blogs ONLINE: Your costumes are very expensive. Have you learned?


Schulz-Hess: No, not at all. Until today I can not make cuts, even sew a straight seam. If I touch a sewing machine, there is an accident. Last year, me with my Schuhnähkurs in London, even the machine broke - and I had warned the teacher! I work with a Hot Melt Glue Guns. So I stuck my wedding.


blogs ONLINE: Twice you have a German in first place in the costume competition won. How to find the Italians?


Schulz-Hess: The Italians have no problem. They are totally open, even the amateurs among the participants. On the other hand, the organizers would prefer to win the locals. But there are too few Italians who join, and only few Venetians. Most of them are Austrians, French and German. Last year the Committee has me virtually "banned" again to win.


blogs ONLINE: And? Stay tuned?


Schulz-Hess: No, of course not. It is said not to an Olympic winner, the next time that he may not participate. However, I think this year's competition rather discreetly hidden, and as some friends like to wear a costume wanted, I have nine costumes created for them. Like the look but I can not betray.


blogs ONLINE: Why so few Venetians take part? What do the Italians from the carnival?


Schulz-Hess: Most Venetians flee for skiing or somewhere else in order to escape the bustle. The Venetians have always had an ambivalent relationship with the tourists. Many live by the guests, but they are also very annoyed. In addition, one must not forget that Venice anyway only about 60,000 inhabitants.


blogs ONLINE: 2008, with "Luna Park", an amusement park as a dress, the year before as "La Montgolfiera" with a balloon on his head won?


Schulz-Hess: Yes, the golden substance, I have in a shop in Venice found. The Rock is half of our laundry basket and the balloon is a Chinese lantern with hair from the Afro-Shop. The headdress was 1.6 kilos and almost a meter high. It was me on the St Mark's Square with the Kopfdeko been widely seen.


blogs ONLINE: Do you also on political issues?


PERSONAL


Tanja Schulz-Hess


Tanja Schulz-Hess, 38, prefers it for ten years at the Carnival of Venice. 2007 and 2008 won the publishing business from Hamburg with their robes "Luna Park" and "Montgolfiera" each took first place in the competition of the costumes.
For blogs online, it will take effect on Monday in her diary from the tumult of the "Carnevale di Venezia 2009" report, about intrigue, rumors and the world behind the masks.
www.worldofcostumes.de


Schulz-Hess: Yes, I just make these subjects fun, because you so updates can comment. This is Silvio Berlusconi times landed on my skirt. In that year, he said that he very chaste life and would not tell lies. Since I have his picture on the portrait of a fool of the Commedia dell'Arte and mounted him to miss a long nose. This image of Columbina, the figure of the simple but clever bauer Dame, affiliated with the fools, and Berlusconi's wife should be.


blogs ONLINE: What's your recipe for success?


Schulz-Hess: People need to watch what have I take the basic form of the 18th Century, a mixture of Baroque and Rococo. This means Corset and crinoline of metal, manteau, a lot of decollete, short sleeves, lots of beautiful old lace and brocade fabrics, mostly to accessories such as handbags, shoes and subjects that I also rebuilt to match the outfit.


blogs ONLINE: Is the competition are not huge?


Schulz-Hess: In recent years, growing ever less costume maker after. I am one of the few and younger, which make intensive. Among the 1.5 million visitors, I see 500 to 1000, which is a bit more effort, 400 of them properly. At the end of stay 30 masks left. These are in the last few years, always the same players. The tinker all year round at the costumes and give out mostly small fortune.


blogs ONLINE: And you?


Schulz-Hess: I need an average of 30 hours and 20 to 60 euros for a costume. I am all year round at flea markets and find it on Laura Ashley fabrics, lace and much of what inspired me. Also I horte old curtains from the fifties and sixties. When substances are yellowed patina, or have they really beautiful.


blogs ONLINE: What fascinates you most Venetian carnival? Cologne Why not?


Schulz-Hess: Cologne is too loud. Kamelle, wagons, Humptata and alcohol are not my thing. I love the poetic silence in Venice. The Bow and sincerely honor the costume makers among themselves is beautiful and warms my heart. It is Venice, with its crumbling facades, buildings and rats not only scenery but also makes at least half of the carnival from.

No comments:

Post a Comment